Access Permits

If you are planning any activity within Kittitas County right-of-way, you must first obtain an access and work within the right-of-way permit from the Public Works Department. All driveways, which connect to County right-of-way, require a permit. Other activities, which require a permit, include the following:

  • Culvert Installation
  • Construction or Maintenance
  • Any driveway
  • Prior to building permit

Remember call at least two (2) business days before you dig. Its the law! According to RCW 19.122, anyone digging deeper than twelve inches must call for locates two business days before they dig. This holds true for private property, city, county, state or federal lands, and railroad right-of-way. In addition to damages and civil penalties, anyone who ignores this law may also be subject to penalties from the Department of Labor and industries.

Call before you dig..

Remember, call before you dig.